Spill Response Course – Workplace Level 1
Check our Upcoming Training Dates page for scheduled course dates
Spill Response 100 – for most workplace situations
Workplace Level 1
Protect the health and safety of your employees who work with or may encounter hazardous material spills in the workplace by teaching them what to watch out for and strategies for keeping safe – and give them valuable certification in the process with our Spill Response Course.
After successfully completing this classroom training your employees will be able to:
- Understand how spills may cause injury or illness
- Execute strategies for removing and controlling hazards
- Participate as a team to deal with hazardous spills
- Follow correct procedures for donning & doffing personal protective equipment
- Package and label spill cleanup material
Not only will successful participants be able to identify hazardous situations, they will be able to create an action plan to stay safe. Contact us for more information or to register for these course.
Spill Response – Workplace Level 1: Practical Strategies For Keeping Safe
Spill Response – Workplace Level 1 classroom training identifies the basics of Canadian federal and provincial hazardous materials legislation and regulations that your employees need to know to avoid danger.
The course also introduces HazMat, personal protection equipment and appropriate spill response procedures.
The emphasis is on teaching both theory and practical strategies for keeping safe in the workplace.
Spill Response – Workplace Level 1 Course Objectives
By the end of this course, your employees will understand:
- Containment and confinement practices for accidental release
- Preventative controls
- Selection and use of personal protective equipment
- Respiratory protection
- Environmental and physical hazards of chemical spills
- Use and selection of spill response materials
- Communicating within the team and outside the team
Participants are encouraged to share their own experiences, and the group is taken outside the classroom and is shown a simulated spill and how to properly respond.
Other BCHAZMAT Safety Courses