WHMIS 2015 Train-the-Trainer Course
Saves Time & Makes You Safe!
Train and certify your staff and colleagues in basic WHMIS 2015
Check our Upcoming Training Dates page for scheduled course dates
WHMIS has changed! Moving toward implementation of GHS, it is now called WHMIS 2015 to differentiate it from WHMIS 1988.
This two-day course uses a train-the-trainer format to equip a supervisor or health and safety officer with the tools to train and certify colleagues and staff in WHMIS 2015(Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) procedures and bring your safety training in-house.
WHMIS 2015 Course Benefits
This WHMIS 2015 2 day course uses a train-the-trainer format. This enables you to effectively educate the workers back in your workplace in WHMIS 2015 and GHS and provides your organization with the following benefits:
- Save costs by developing in-house ability to train your employees
- Help develop a safer workplace culture
- Help protect your staff and keep them safe on the job
WHMIS 2015 Train-the-Trainer Course Content
The topics discussed in this course provide the fundamentals your team needs to develop and implement an effective health and safety program in your workplace.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Conduct basic WHMIS 2015 in-house training
- Develop site-specific programs to fulfill legislative requirements
- Describe WHMIS 2015 requirements to protect health and safety on the work site
- Reference information to facilitate a self-study program for workers
- Conduct exams to evaluate worker competency
Other course content includes:
- WHMIS background and legislation
- Proper use of labeling and product warning identifiers
- Description and interpretation of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), now called Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Worker training requirements
- Supplier, employer, and worker responsibilities
WHMIS 2015 Certification
Participants who successfully meet the course requirements will be issued a WHMIS 2015 Train-the-Trainer certificate that remains valid for two years.