WHMIS for Supervisors
The purpose of this 1 day WHMIS Course is to familiarize key employees and managing staff of the detailed requirements of the Controlled Products Regulations and the Canadian Labour Code. After this training, candidates will be able to better understand the requirements of the regulation and act as advisers to staff and management on the different aspects of the legislation.
- Legal structure of the regulations
- Detailed study of WHMIS
- Responsibilities (supplier, employer, employee)
- Classification of Hazardous Materials (WHMIS categories) and associated risks
- Material safety data sheets
- Supplier labels
- Workplace labels
- Trade secrets
- Globally Harmonized System – where do we stand?
- Question and discussion period
- System implementation
Each student receives a course workbook and a training certificate. We also supply reference material (which can be purchased) of the different regulations as well as user friendly compliance manuals and guides.