TDG IATA Air Course
Check our Upcoming Training Dates page for scheduled course dates
This TDG I.A.T.A Air Course is designed for individuals who package and ship consignments of hazardous materials/dangerous goods by air. Completion of this course provides participants with a sound understanding of their responsibilities under the Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) Act and Regulations for the preparation, offering and acceptance of dangerous goods. This course is appropriate for Shippers, Receivers, Dispatchers, Clerical Staff, Technical Staff, Safety Staff, Hazmat Coordinators, Supervisors, and Managers.
Topics covered in the course:
- Definition of the nine classes of dangerous goods and their associated hazards
- Names, classes, product identification numbers and packing groups of dangerous goods normally encountered within the scope of the employees’ duties
- How to identify dangerous goods by safety marks and on a shipping document
- Retention and delivery of the shipping document
- The implications of mixed loads, and the need for segregation of incompatible dangerous goods
- What to do if the shipping documents, placards, labels, other safety marks or packaging seem inadequate or incorrect
- What to do if radioactive materials, explosives and infectious substances are lost, stolen or misplaced
- What constitutes a dangerous occurrence and what to do if one arises
- Appropriate safety equipment and procedures for the use of equipment
**While perquisite training is not required it is recommended that students complete or have the basic understanding of Transportation of Dangerous Goods Surface.
Note: Each student is required to bring a current year edition of the I.A.T.A Book to this course.