BC Asbestos Safety Course
Check our Upcoming Training Dates page for scheduled course dates
Our BC Asbestos Safety Course will guide you through all aspects of Asbestos, from the hazards that are associated with Asbestos to how to protect yourself with safe work practices. The course has been designed to meet and exceed Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines, so by completing this course you can improve your knowledge of an important part of workplace safety.
This course will cover the following topics. Attendees will also be properly Fit Tested with their own respirator and will receive a Fit Test certificate that is valid for one year.
- What is Asbestos?
- Health Effects Associated with Exposure
- Defense Mechanisms
- Location of ACBM and ACM
- Recognition of Damage
- Emergency Procedures and Contacts
- Rules and Regulations
- Operations & Maintenance (O&M)
- BC OH&S and WorkSafeBC Regulations and Guidelines
- Questions and TEST
- Fit testing
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Name the three main types of asbestos
- List the diseases caused by exposure to asbestos and understand the increased risk for smokers
- List some of the likely uses and locations for asbestos products in buildings
- Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Explain the general emergency procedures should asbestos be discovered / disturbed
- Know how to properly clean, store and wear a respirator
*Note: Each attendee is responsible for bringing their respirator to this course. If you do not have a respirator, please contact us about purchasing one at the course.