Classroom Safety Training
Why get training from BC Hazmat Management – Because our trainers have the experience doing the actual work they’ll be teaching. They can relate real life experiences with the students and our instructors really care about safety.
There is no better teacher than experience.
BC Hazmat management provides a wide selection of safety and OHS courses. Our “open to the public” courses take place in our classroom located on McDonald Park Rd in Sidney B.C., Our instructors will also provide on-site training at your place of business where we can customize the training to your specific needs. We recommend direct, in person training but we also offer some safety training programs through our online division.
Our senior trainer, David S. Rogers, has been teaching occupational safety courses since 1983, and draws from real life experiences to make training sessions interesting and worthwhile.
Our public courses are held at our training facility on Vancouver Island at:
#6 – 10114 McDonald Park Rd., Sidney, BC V8L 5X8
This is a partial listing of our course offerings, but we have many more available – please phone or email for more information!
Our Most Popular Courses:
- AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act 3 day Building Inspector Course
- AHERA – Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act Refresher Course
- Asbestos Remediation Worker
- Asbestos Remediation Supervisor
- Asbestos Remediation – 8 Hour Refresher
- BC Asbestos Safety Course
- Asbestos In The Maintenance Sector
- Ammonia Awareness
- Accident / Incident Investigation
- Biohazard Clean-up
- Confined Space Pre-Entry Course
- Fall Protection Awareness
- Fall Protection / Fall Arrest
- Fire Extinguisher Safety & Use
- Fit Test- Train the Tester
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- HAZWOPER 40hr.
- HAZWOPER 24hr
- HAZWOPER 8hr.Recertification
- Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committee Responsibilities ( OHS / JOHC )
- Lead In The Construction Industry and more
- Personal Protection Equipment – PPE
- Risk Assessment
- Shoreline Cleanup Assessment Techniques (SCAT) – Inland Waters & Streams
- Shoreline Cleanup Assessment Techniques (SCAT) – Tidal Waters
- Spill Response 100 Level 1 Workplace
- Spill Response 110 Laboratory
- Spill Response 130 Municipal
- Spill Response 140 Remote Industrial
- Spill Response 150 Industrial
- Spill Response 160 Ocean
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods TDG – IATA Air
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods TDG Surface
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods TDG – Limited Quantity
- WHMIS 2015 – Basic
- WHMIS 2015 – For Supervisors
- WHMIS 2015 – Train the Trainer
Other Courses We Offer:
- Environmental and Hazardous Materials Responsibilities, Liabilities & Due Diligence
- Earthquake Training
- Hazardous Materials Awareness for Emergency Responders
- Hazardous Materials Management
- Transportation of Hazardous Waste
- ICS – Incident Command System 100
- ICS – Incident Command System 200
- ICS – Incident Command System 300
- ICS – Incident Command System 400
- Land Transportation Emergency Response Seminar – Full Day
- Lifting Safely & Wisely
- Mercury Safety
- New Worker Orientation – Train the Trainer
- PCB’S – Management and Safety
- Radioactive Training for Airline Acceptance Staff– Load Planners – Flight Crew Members
- Working Alone
Please contact us to register or for more information on our courses.
NOTE: You must be pre-registered for a course to attend. At this time we do not accept walk-in attendees on the day of a course.