David Rogers, BA, MBA.
President & Lead Instructor:
As the founder of BCHAZMAT Management Ltd., David Rogers’ goal is to provide clients with whatever they need to comply with all dangerous goods/hazardous materials regulations through safe, effective, and ethical policies and professional services. Since its inception, BCHAZMAT has utilized Mr. Roger’s broad skill-set, knowledge, and experience to provide superior environmental consulting, hazardous materials training for management and staff (WHMIS, TDG, BC Waste Legislation, ISO 14000 Environmental Management Systems, spill response, and more), emergency spill response, and dangerous goods shipping services.
David Rogers began his career in the Fire Service, rising to position of Chief. As Fire Chief, Mr. Rogers was responsible for all hazmat, safety and environmental training to the team of fire fighters in his command. He suspended this career to attend Simon Fraser University in Burnaby BC (MBA). He moved his family to Victoria, BC in 1980, and worked for a major airline. In 1983 he attended Trade School and became qualified as an IATA Dangerous Goods Training Coordinator. With yearly updates, he became responsible for all environmental safety training, including Transportation of Dangerous Goods and WHMIS for an airline, for British Columbia and Washington State. He continued in this position until 1995.
David Rogers accepted a one-year posting as the Formation Hazmat Audit Officer for CFB Esquimalt (1999 to 2000) with the responsibility for ensuring the Military’s compliance with the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, Canada Labour Code Part II and ISO 14000 Standards. During this year at CFB Esquimalt, Mr. Rogers:
- Completed a number of ISO 14000 Audits of Units at CFB Esquimalt, Aldergrove and Edmonton.
- Developed and taught the first CFB Esquimalt Transportation of Dangerous Goods Courses for both Drivers and Shipper Receivers. These courses were then approved by NDHQ.
- Co-Authored and Co-instructed the Hazardous Material Coordinators Course.
- Co-instructed the Unit Environment Officers Course.
- Re-wrote and updated Base Standing Order 2-530, CFB Esquimalt, Hazardous Materials Management Program.
- Participated in the Working Group developing MARPACCORD G18 and G19, Hazardous Material Management Program.
Mr. Rogers has continued this relationship with the Canadian Military and has been the Senior Instructor for many programs with various units, including FMF Cape Breton.
David Rogers has been teaching Environmental Safety Programs for over 20 years. First qualified in 1983 as an I.A.T.A. (International Air Transport Association) Dangerous Goods Training Coordinator, he has enhanced that training with:
- Stafford Reed 2012 – Shoreline Assessment Cleanup Techniques (SCAT) Course Facilitator
- Employers’ Advisers Office 2012 – Joint Occupational Health & Safety Workshop Seminar
- Oiled Wildlife Society April 2012 – Oiled Wildlife First Responder Basic Course
- AESAC January 2012 – Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Training Course
- AESAC January 2012 – Phase II Environmental Site Assessment Training Seminar
- Hazmasters December 2011 – Confined Space Defined Certification
- Quantum Murray ER November 2011 – NFPA 472-Hazardous Materials Responder Technician Refresher Course
- RJ & Associates Environmental Consulting August 2011 – AHERA Asbestos Building Inspector’s Course
- Employers’ Advisors Office May 2011 – Emergency Preparedness Seminar
- Employers’ Advisors Office February 2011 – Accident/Incident Investigation Seminar
- HazMat IQ May 2010 – HazMat 4 Step System Training
- One Suit January 2010 – Level A One Suit Training
- Canada Mortgage and Housing December 2009 – Air Quality Investigator
- Calgary Tri-Service October 2009 – CBRN Anti-Terrorism Training
- SCOTT Health and Safety September 2009 – SCBA Training (Instructor)
- Roadmasters Safety Group – WorksafeBC 2008 – Traffic Control Person Certification
- Natural Resources Canada – Explosives Regulatory Division 2006 – Display Fireworks Supervisor Certification and Pyrotechnics Certification
- ModuSpec Risk Management Services 2004 – W.O.H. & S. Committee & Canada Labour Code Part II Workshop
- Public Service Alliance of Canada 2003 – Health and Safety Course
- Justice Institute of BC.2000 – Incident Command Systems Levels 100, 200, 300 & 400
- National Defence Head Quarters ( NDHQ) 2000 – General Safety Officers Course
- NDHQ 2000 – Safety Legislation Seminar
- Quality Management Institute Q.M.I. Toronto Ontario 1999 – ISO 14000 Lead Auditor Course
- Templegate Training Toronto, Ontario, 1999 – Canadian Environmental Law
- NDHQ 1999 – Unit Environmental Officer Training
- Queens Harbour Master (E) 1999 – Hazardous Material Spill Response
- Steller Systems Group Inc. Victoria, B.C., Office 97 Computer Software Upgrading
- Business Development Bank of Canada Victoria, B.C. Business Management Forum # 4
- Pacific Western Airlines (P.W.A.) Trade School, Vancouver, B.C.
- Qualified Dangerous Goods Training Coordinator (with yearly recurrent training)