Hazwastebc factsheets are a series of informative and easy-to-read educational tools published by the British Columbia Environment Industry Association (BCEIA) as a means to engage British Columbians and improve regulatory compliance under the province’s Hazardous Waste Regulations (HWR).
Educators, employees, employers and decision-makers from across BC’s hazardous waste management community are encouraged to preview, select and download for free distribution, as many hazwastebc factsheets as required.
Environment Canada has recently posted several documents pertaining to the PCB Regulations; these include updated PCB Fact Sheets, the new PCB Compliance Promotion Guide and PCB Online Reporting System User Guides. The links are provided below, for your reference.
Citizen’s Guide Series to Cleanup Technologies.
The Citizen’s Guide series is a set of 22 fact sheets that summarize cleanup methods used at Superfund and other sites. The series was originally released ten years ago and was updated in 2012 to include information about new technologies and techniques. Each fact sheet is two pages long and answers six questions about the cleanup method: 1) What is it? 2) How does it work? 3) How long will it take? 4) Is it safe? 5) How might it affect me? and 6) Why use it?
- A Citizen’s Guide to Activated Carbon Treatment (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-001) (1.2 MB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Air Stripping (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-002) (1.2MB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Bioremediation (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-003) (1.0MB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Capping (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-004) (930KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Ecological Revitalization (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-005) (933KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Evapotranspiration Covers (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-006) (1.1MB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Excavation of Contaminated Soil (EPA 542-F-12-007) (651KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Fracturing for Site Cleanup (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-008) (766KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Greener Cleanups (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-009) (1.4MB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Incineration (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-010) (776KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to in Situ Chemical Oxidation (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-011) (867KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to in Situ Chemical Reduction (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-012) (1.1MB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to in Situ Thermal Treatment (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-013) (700KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Monitored Natural Attenuation (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-014) (853KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Permeable Reactive Barriers (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-015) (857KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Phytoremediation (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-016) (935KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Pump and Treat (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-017) (854KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Soil Vapor Extraction and Air Sparging (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-018) (1.2 MB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Solidification and Stabilization (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-019) (644KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Thermal Desorption (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-020) (833KB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Vapor Intrusion Mitigation (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-021) (1.1MB/2pp/PDF)
- A Citizen’s Guide to Vertical Engineered Barriers (PDF) (EPA 542-F-12-022) (1.2MB/2pp/PDF)