LOCATION: UBC Robson Square, 800 Robson Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 3B7 [Map]
Date and Time: November 07, 2013 8:45am – 12pm PST
Environmental risks are an important and growing concern. Attend this informative seminar to learn more about what you need to know to stay current.
Remediation Topics Presented by David Rogers:
- Potential Pollutants
- Why clean up a spill?
- Why do it quickly and document it properly?
- Spill site vs. contaminated site
- The Remedial Process
- What Influences the Cost of a Cleanup?
- Reducing/Controlling Costs
- Summary – minimizing risks and costs
Legal Topics presented by Robert Lesperance:
- Overview of cost recovery claims under the Environmental Management Act
- What is a remediation cost recovery claim?
- Who are responsible persons?
- What investigation steps do you need to take?
- Do you need to hire an environmental consultant and why?
- What common law claims can you allege as well?
- What do you need to do to preserve your claims?
- When to seek legal advice?
David Rogers, President, BC HAZMAT Management Ltd.
Robert J. Lesperance, Partner, Lesperance Mendes Lawyers
Number of Credits: 3 Technical
Seminar Fees (GST included)
$125 CIP Society Members (Graduates)
$150 Insurance Institute of BC Members
$222 Non-Members (Includes IIBC Membership expiring May 31st, 2014)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, October 31st
For manual registration see our manual registration form.
If you have any questions or want to register a group, please contact Ayla at 604.681.5491 ext.21 | 1.888.681.5491
Cancellation Policy: No Refunds. Participant substitutions accepted 48 hours prior to seminar (substitute must be current member). IIBC reserves the right to cancel the seminar due to unforeseen circumstances. Should this occur, registration fees will be refunded.
Pricing for this seminar varies based on your membership. Prices exclude tax
See more at: http://www.insuranceinstitute.ca/en/institutes-and-chapters/british-columbia/seminars/seminar-details.aspx?seminarId=7499#sthash.V28fo8IO.dpuf