We are proud to announce the Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce has chosen our own David Rogers as their 2013 Business Person of the Year! Congratulations, Dave!
At BCHAZMAT Management Ltd., we are specialists in the field of Hazardous Materials Management, offering safety training, consulting and support services throughout Western Canada.
In today’s world of fast food and instant everything, pride and attention to detail are the foundation on which our business operates. Continually striving to take care of our customers is always our goal. Let us help you solve your compliance issues.
Click on the button below to subscribe to our email newsletter for updates and informative items of interest!
Environmental Emergency Response UnitDesigned specifically for responding to spills on land or on the shoreline where spill response equipment and supplies are not readily available by road. Because of their close proximity, our units allow for fast response to spills, saving time, and saving the environment. We can custom equip these for any work site.
Comment from a satisfied client: ”Man that thing was packed full too!! I appreciated your labeling system. I have quickly pulled through the inventory and I am going to try to get the boom and silt curtain into another storage container to free things up a little.
Much appreciated Dave, definitely impressive and will provide us with the tools to respond to a significant spill should the unfortunate event arise.
Kind Regards, R.F.”
Click here for more details.
Some of our services are:
* Transport Canada and WorksafeBC required training courses * Packaging of Dangerous Goods * Hazard classification of products * Storage compliance: UN specification packaging, labels, placards, etc. * On site inspections / evaluations * Review and preparation of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) * Transport Canada, International Air Transport Association (IATA), International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) & International Maritime Organization (IMO) consultation * Pick-up and disposal of sharps * Self-Teach and On-line Training Programs for Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG) & Confined Space Awareness
* NEW - Online Training for:
NEW: Training Dates for 2013:
- Shoreline Cleanup Assessment Techniques (SCAT) for Freshwater Environments – May 22 – May 24, 2013 ***Date has changed***
- WHMIS Basic - May 27, 2013
- WHMIS Supervisor – May 27, 2013
- 2 Day WHMIS Train the Trainer - May 27-28, 2013
- TDG Surface – May 29, 2013
- TDG IATA Air – June 3, 2013
- Level 1 Workplace Spill Response – May 30, 2013
- Fire Extinguisher Safety and Use - May 30, 2013
Phone or email us today to register for these important safety training opportunities! Or fill out the Registration Form for these courses and return it to us by fax or email.
FREE TRAININGmay be available for your employees! Funding may be available to qualified employers through the Targeted Skills Shortage Program.More information is here.
NEW REQUIREMENTS FOR HOME RENOs…..
We now provide Hazardous Materials Inspections and Reports as required by WorksafeBC and many Municipalities. Asbestos, lead, mercury and other hazardous materials may be present in homes and buildings built before 1990, however, they have also been found in some buildings after that. Before beginning any renovation or demolition work, a HazMat Inspection and Report must be completed. More info is here.
Phone us to speak with one of our qualified building inspectors!
Morpho Detection’s GE StreetLab Mobile
The GE StreetLab Mobile uses a technique known as Raman spectroscopy, which can analyze organic materials to identify potentially dangerous chemical and biological substances in liquid or solid form. Lightweight and rugged, the StreetLab is designed for use in the field.This tool has a library of over 10,000 chemicals, and can identify up to 5 substances in a mixture. This takes the “unknown” out of responses to unknown chemicals, thereby making our responders that much safer.
BCHAZMAT has the only one in use in Western Canada. If your facility has unknown chemicals or substances, we can identify them in approximately 15 seconds! Don’t risk the dangers presented by not knowing how to safely handle or dispose of unknown chemicals.
Need help? Phone our experts at 250-656-3382
DID YOU KNOW…. WorksafeBC requires Fire Extinguishers to be in every workplace, and workers must be trained in their use!
Our interactive Fire Extinguisher Use & Safety training seminar is an informative and fun way to learn how to use fire extinguishers safely. We use the Bullex Laser Operated System, which is totally clean and can be used in any workplace setting, including offices! A combination of PowerPoint, video and hands-on practice with the equipment will give workers confidence in their ability to use a fire extinguisher safely, and can make all the difference in the event of a fire in the workplace. They will also learn when not to use a fire extinguisher, which is just as important.
Phone or email us to schedule a dedicated session at your workplace, or sign up for our open registration seminar.